Wednesday 20 March 2013

Task 5a, Ethics in my work place...

As we all now realise ethics play a huge role in everything we do. I'm gonna try and explore what ethics come into my daily practice.

I'm gonna think firstly about the children I teach, I feel ethically bound to consider how I treat the children, to be fair and considerate but to also treat them as individuals. The way I communicate with them and the language that I use is very important. As a teacher I am a role model to my students and need to set an example of how to behave. Discipline and reprimand need to be handled with careful consideration. Not only am I correcting bad behaviour but am showing the rest of my class what is and isn't except able behaviour and how to deal with people that behave in these ways. Listening to them and giving them the time that they need is important. As is passing back any relevant information to parents and or schools.

What to teach? I'm ethically obliged to plan and deliver adequate lessons. They need to be appropriate, relevant and up to date. Lessons need to be planned and taught with individual children and their needs in mind.

Where I work...if I'm working for myself or an established organisation I need to be aware that I am constantly representing myself/them and need to behave in an appropriate professional manor. Also the space in which I teach my classes needs to be safe and secure. It's my duty to make sure it's this way and to resolve or report and problems that may arise.

My colleagues, wether they are other teachers, admin staff, caretakers or any other number of people I may come into contact with. I feel the need to be civil, honest and have good lines of communication open with them.

Parents/guardians, they are entrusting me with the care of there children. This needs to be met above and beyond expectations.

Data and information... I hold details about my students. Names, addresses and contact details. It is my job to make sure these are stored securely and used for only the correct purposes. And are dissed of correctly at the relevant time.

There are so many angles to look at this from. This is what I have come up with off the top of my head. I'm intrigued now to move on to the next task to see what I have missed...

The mind begins to boggle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment