Wednesday 7 November 2012

Information overload!!!

Ok my journal is really starting to be an eye opener and I'm really starting to notice the things I'm learning about myself on paper actually happening in the real world of me!!!

A very common theme throughout my journal so far is my thirst for information. I'm having real trouble knowing when to stop.

I was meant to conclude my further reading on the processes of reflection and learning earlier this week so I could complete all the tasks and be ready to move on to the next part of the module. But I keep coming across new and interesting things to read.

When is it enough? This is a real problem for me!!!

How do you all know when to stop???

There is so much information out there that it can be exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.

Somebody help me :)

4 comments:

  1. One approach might be to reflect after you have read something and see what questions that which you have just read pose in your mind. There is more than a grain of truth in the song - "There are more questions than answers" - it's through reflection on our actions (experience and professional practice) and what we read that we actually learn and develop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosemary, I'll certainly give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie I found the exact same problem..one thing leads to another and I just don't know when to stop reading. It's difficult because rather than having no thoughts you find yourself having too many don't you! I read as much as I could with enough time to take it in properly. After that I decided to focus on theories that either supported thoughts I had of my own or that opposed other theories so I had a mixed view. Basically, I don't have a solution but I try to find what is most useful....if you find a better solution please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare I've come to find that reading other people's blogs more has helped me learn when I've done enough. Then any extra reading I do can just be focused on the topics that I find particularly interesting. I'm not saying that we should all limit ourselves to the same knowledge but it's reassuring to know we are not dragging behind.

    ReplyDelete