Wednesday 31 October 2012

Module 1, Campus Session 2, The Reflective Practioner.

Another great campus session, I really recommend to everyone that if at all possible try and make some of the sessions as they are a great help and opportunity to get your ideas into perspective.

We had a look at how we see ourselves and how others perceive us.it was very interesting and a tool that through good reflection we can really get to grips with.

We spent some time going through the different learning cycles and ideas of Kolb, Gardner, Honey and Mumford. For me the main points I focused on at the session were...

  • Kolb - That his cycle is a tool to help us unlock our learning experience, allowing us better to reflect on all aspects of our experience.
  • Gardner - Showed me that I may have a strength in one specific way of learning but that I also draw on other aspects of the learning genres.
  • Honey & Mumford - That there is no right or wrong and that everyone is different.
The concept that the cycles can happen simultaneously and that we can go through them several times in one learning experience was key to me and will certainly have an impact on my thought process when writing my journal.

The session really did help me to see that there is no right or wrong way to go about our journals, just be honest and open and we really will start to see some results :)

No comments:

Post a Comment