Friday 19 April 2013

6a - The pilots...

Looking very broadly at my inquiry topic I'm gonna conduct these pilots. I'm hoping that not only will it give me the experience needed to plan and carry out my formal inquiry but also help me narrow down and tweak my final inquiry question!!!

1- the pilot interview... I'm gonna be asking my SIG's for help here. I've put together my questions and for the ease of the willing interviewee I may conduct this by either Skye or as a live online chat.

2- the pilot survey... I did this using survey monkey. I had nearly 40 responses in all so a big thank you to all my teaching friends out there. The survey was broad and thought provoking. The results have definitely helped me narrow down my area of inquiry and given me so results to play around with and develop my analysing skills. A common thing I learnt from this was just how much time and information the majority seemed to be prepared to put into my survey. It gives me a clearer idea of how much I should expect to gain if I decide to use this form of data collection.

3- a pilot focus group... At this stage I'm going to carry out my focus group with a group of my peers. Although I want to gain the experience in holding a focus group I don't want to use up the valuable time of those that. Want to take part in my formal inquiry and as lots of my SIG's are also teachers I will be calling on you for the real thing. I'm meeting with half a dozen friends tomorrow who work with children in different settings to hold a discussion on the relationships they build with the children. Ill let you know how it goes.

4- a pilot observation... This week I have started a new job in a state primary school and it has given me a lot of opportunities to carry out some observations. With lots of different teachers and students.

In 6b as required I will critically reflect on my experiences...

No comments:

Post a Comment