Friday 19 April 2013

6b - My pilot survey

My pilot survey...first of all thanks for a great response.

The plus points...

This was a great way to get a feel for people's opinions and brief justifications.

Can use this as a tool to make general inquiry's that can lead to more specific forms for investigation.

Gives participants anonymity to feel free to answer openly.

Gives the researcher time to analyse and re analyse results over time

An opportunity to approach a large number of people. Either within specific groups or the mass population.

Gives participant opportunity to answer at own leisure.

Easy way to gather quantitative data.

The negatives...

Not particularly specific.

Hard to analyse qualitative data.

If needed to be aimed at a specific group can be limiting in regards to best use of participants time.

Lacks the opportunity for leading questions.

Removes chance to observe participant.

I don't think that this is gonna be the best way forward for my inquiry as I think I will be relying mostly on qualitative data. But I will not count it out as I may use another survey to help narrow down the questions and areas that will be most beneficial during other processes especially interview.


No comments:

Post a Comment